Usually mass storage is of significant importance when it is resident on your handheld device. It is exceptional aspect to have storage of music, apps, games, other stuff employed on the device. Thus, SD card support is of considerable importance on a mobile phone.
Generally, it is a common notion that the internet speeds on the handset are slow or sometimes it is inconvenient to download certain apps or games on the phone. This is because if we want to download apps in huge quantities or a plethora of various apps, games etc., and then it is difficult to download everything straightaway to the phone. Continuous downloading will also result in draining the battery & eats up the Internet plan. The option of downloading these apps onto the computer & installing them on the device later is an excellent aspect. This aids in saving time, money as well as improves the overall approach of app browsing.
The tutorial described below is only for Windows Phones 8 devices constituting SD card support along with them.
Steps on how to to install Apps or Games from SD Card:
- At the beginning, you should visit Windows Phone Store.
- Hereafter, choose the particular application by scrolling down at the end of the page. Now, click Download and install the app manually.
- You should transfer the .XAP (which were downloaded)files to SD card. These files include all the downloaded .XAP files. Insert the card back in the device.
- A section called SD card is displayable after you open the Store app from your handset. Its location is present at the bottom of the section list.
- Choose the app name by simply finding the app on the device. If you want to install all the apps, plainly choose Select All -> Install All.
- At the moment, wait till the installation process is completed.
- After the apps get installed, you can clearly find them in the app list.