Nexus 4 has a 4.7″ 720p display, delivering 320 ppi. It is powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, featuring four Krait cores and the class-leading Adreno 320 GPU. In addition to the fast processor, the Nexus 4 also packs 2 GB of RAM and either 8 or 16 GB of internal storage.
Android 5.0.1 update was available for the Nexus 4. Lollipop mostly has got positive review but one problem that still persists is the poor battery life. This problem can be solved by installing a custom ROM – bareBones. This ROM will update your device to Android 5.0.2 and improve battery life. It will enable LTE, HD voice and contains working Android RunTime. Also, most of the stock apps, live wallpapers, and bloatwares are removed in this ROM. Follow the guide below to install this ROM on the Nexus 4.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 4:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Nexus 4 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- bareBones ROM zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install bareBones ROM on Nexus 4:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the bareBones ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the bareBones ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.