HTC One, formerly known by the code name M7, is HTC’s flagship device for 2013. The device features a powerful quad-core 1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor (APQ8064T), 2 GB of RAM, 32 or 64 GB of storage, a 4.7″ 1080p Super LCD 3 display with 468 ppi, a 4 MP “Ultrapixel” camera with an f/2 lens and large pixels, and a 2300 mAh battery.
A new custom ROM is available for HTC One M7 – BeanStalk ROM. It will update One M7 to Android 6.0.1. It has many new features – Built-in Task Manager settings option, System UI tuner, App Circle bar, On-The-Go mode, Customizable navigation bar, Toast animations, Do not disturb option, Force expanded notification, Built-in screen record feature, etc. Follow the guide below to install this ROM on HTC One M7.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your One M7:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- One M7 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- BeanStalk ROM zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Gapps Fix
Steps to install BeanStalk ROM on HTC One M7:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the BeanStalk ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the BeanStalk ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Perform steps 6 and 7 for Gapps fix.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.