Samsung Galaxy S5 was released in 2014 as the flagship device. Galaxy S5 is powered by a 2.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with 2GB RAM. Internal storage comes in at either 16GB or 32GB, with a microSD slot up to 128GB. The 16MP camera is capable of 4K video recording and real time HDR photos. Along side the camera flash is a heart rate sensor, which can be used with Samsung’s S Health software. The S5 has a 2800mAh battery providing power.
A new BlissPop ROM is available for the Galaxy S5. It has many new features like value-added personalisation option, shortcut to settings, performance enhancement tweaks and also extends the life of the device’s battery life. This ROM runs on Android Marshmallow. If you want to install this ROM on S5, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy S5:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Galaxy S5 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- BlissPop ROM zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install BlissPop ROM on Galaxy S5:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the BlissPop ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the BlissPop ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.