Previously, we saw How to Root HTC Evo 4G; Rooting the phone is an essential step for adding different tweaks to the phone. If the user wants to install custom ROMs, custom kernels and other mods to this device, Rooting is needed and after that a Custom Recovery like CWM must be installed.
There is a touch based ClockworkMod recovery available for the HTC Evo 4G. It is extremely helpful as it can be controlled with touch rather than using the volume buttons to scroll through the recovery. Besides, installing custom ROMs and custom kernels, a variety of functions can be performed using the CWM recovery like clearing cache and dalvik cache, fixing permissions, factory resetting the phone, making Nandroid backup, etc.
Follow the procedure given below to Install the Touch based ClockworkMod Recovery on the HTC Evo 4G.
- Make sure that Flash Image GUI is installed on the device. This method won’t work without this App.
- Download the CWM Touch Recovery and place it on the Root of the SD card.
- Open Flash Image GUI and provide the Root permissions.
- Now a “Recovery Image” option can be seen on the screen. Tap on it.
- Now Browse and find where ever you have downloaded the CWM Touch Recovery.
- Then click “Flash Image” option.
- After a few moments the process will be completed.
- Now just hit the “Reboot to Recovery” and check out the new Touch recovery.