Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-i9082 is a wonderful smartphone which was released in January 2013. It runs on Android 4.1.2 OS and on the Samsung’s own Touchwiz interface. There might be some users who might get bored with the Samsung’s Touchwiz firmware. They have an option to try out a different ROM in the form of CM 10.1. This ROM runs on the updated Android 4.2.2 OS.
The CM 10.1 ROM is developed by the CyanogenMod community and is a hugely popular custom ROM. The Galaxy Grand Duos GT-i9082 users who want to try out this ROM can follow the instructions below. This procedure is only for the Galaxy Grand Duos GT-i9082 and not for any other variants or carriers. Follow the instructions with caution.
- Galaxy Grand Duos GT-i9082 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery installed (eg CWM)
- CM 10.1 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Make sure that USB debugging is enabled on the phone.
- Then create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 10.1 zip file and Gapps zip file and place it on the SD card of the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip from SD card” and then “Select zip from SD card”. Choose the CM 10.1 zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip from SD card”, then “Select zip from SD card”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.