Sony Xperia ZL is one of the recent device which is powered by a Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait processor, Adreno 320 GPU, and a 2 GB RAM. In addition, it has a 13 MP primary camera and 2 MP secondary camera. It runs on the Jelly Bean OS (Android 4.1). Sony hasn’t launched the latest Android 4.2.2 for this phone. However the CyanogenMod community has made the CM 10.1 ROM for this phone which has Jelly Bean 4.2.2 OS. Follow the instructions below to install this ROM on the Sony Xperia ZL.
- Sony Xperia ZL must be factory unlocked
- Sony Xperia ZL must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM installed
- CM 10.1 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Make sure that USB debugging is enabled on the phone.
- Then create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 10.1 zip file and Gapps zip file and place it on the SD card of the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode by tapping Volume Up button a few times while booting.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip from SD card” and then “Select zip from SD card”. Choose the CM10.1 zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip from SD card”, then “Select zip from SD card”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.