The CyanogenMod community has been doing wonderful work by making custom ROMs for large number of devices. CM 10.1 ROM i.e JellyBean 4.2 ROMs are available for many Android phones. There is a good news for Motorola Droid RAZR HD owners. This ROM is now available for their devices.
The ROM is still in beta stage and undergoing development. The camera and the voice dialer are a bit buggy. The users wanting to try out this ROM can follow the instructions given below.
- Motorola Droid RAZR HD bootloader must be unlocked
- Motorola Droid RAZR HD must be rooted
- Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 10.1 zip file
- Gapps zip file
- Make a backup of entire data of the phone. Nandroid backup can be used for this purpose.
- Download the CM 10.1 zip file and Gapps zip file from the above links and place it on the root of the SD card.
- Reboot into the Recovery Mode.
- Perform a full wipe i.e factory reset the phone, wipe cache, format boot and also format system.
- Go to “advanced” and wipe the dalvik cache.
- Go to “Install zip from SD card” and then “Select zip from SD card”. Choose the CM10.1 zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to “Install zip from SD card”, then “Select zip from SD card”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.
The device will take some time to boot for the first time. After it restarts, CM 10.1 ROM will be seen on the phone!