Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 is the smaller version of the Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet. However it has some specs similar to the Note 10.1. Note 8.0 has a Samsung Exynos 4412 processor with a 1280 x 800 screen resolution, 2GB of RAM and runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS.
Recently, the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS was revealed with some new features. Samsung has yet to announce the official Android 4.3 update for Galaxy Note 8.0. However, you can update Galaxy Note 8.0 to the latest Android OS via the CM 10.2 custom ROM. Follow the instructions given below to install CM 10.2 in your device.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your device getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy Note 8.0:
- Make a Backup of the data on your device
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 10.2 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to Install CM 10.2 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 10.2 zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to your device.
- Switch off the tablet and boot into Recovery mode.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache. Also format the system.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 10.2 zip file.
- Now again wipe cache and dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the tablet.