Xperia ZL, the large 5″ smartphone from Sony comes equipped with Android 4.1.2. And though it can be officially upgraded to Android 4.2.2, the CyanogenMod team as always have been busy developing their ROMs for it. We already saw how to install CM 10.1 on the Xperia ZL. Now we will see how to install CM 10.2 on it.
The ROM being a nightly is still in the experimental stages and so do expect a few bugs in it.
- Rooted Xperia ZL with bootloader unlocked
- Custom Recovery installed (eg CWM)
- CM 10.2 zip file, you can select the latest nightly
- Gapps zip file
Now follow the below steps:
Disclaimer: No member of this site is responsible for any bricked devices. Follow this tutorial at your own risk.
- Download the zip files and copy it to your SD card.
- Boot into recovery and create a nandroid backup.
- Next perform a full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- Next wipe cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip from SD card” and then “Select zip from SD card”. Choose the CM10.2 zip file.
- Repeat the above steps and install Gapps.
- Finally reboot your phone.