HTC One X was launched in the first half of 2012 as HTC’s flagship. It has a 4.7″ Super LCD2 720p screen, quad-core Nvidia Tegra 3 CPU processor, 1 GB of RAM and 32 GB internal memory. It is equipped with an 8 MP primary camera. Initially, it ran on Android 4.0.3 ICS.
HTC One X is an older device so HTC wont provide official KitKat support. However you can still update this phone to Android 4.4.2 via the CM 11 custom ROM. The CM 11 ROM is still being developed but it can be used for day to day purposes. Follow the instructions given below to install CM 11 on HTC One X.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Note: This ROM might contain some bugs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your HTC One X:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Bootloader unlocked
- HTC One X must be rooted
- CWM Recovery installed
- CM 11 ROM zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 11 ROM on HTC One X:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 11 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 11 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.