Galaxy Note 3 is the latest device in Samsung’s Note phablet series. It has a 5.7″ Super AMOLED 1080p display. The Galaxy Note 3 is powered by a 2.3GHz Snapdragon 800 processor, with 3GB of RAM. Storage comes in at 32GB or 64GB, which can also be expanded with a 64GB microSd card. The camera is an impressive 13MP and is capable of capturing 4K video. The battery capacity is 3200 mAh.
Note 3 comes with the Touchwiz UI. If you are not happy with it, you can always try out a custom ROM. Besides the different UI, custom ROMs also offer better performance. CM 11 is one such custom ROM available for the Note 3. If you want to install CM 11 on your Galaxy Note 3, follow the instructions given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Note: This ROM might contain some bugs. But it can be used for day to day purposes.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy Note 3:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 11 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 3:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 11 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 11 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.