Sony Xperia ZR was launched in June 2013 with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. The 4.55″ display has a resolution of 720×1280 pixels. The 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S4 processor is quad-core. The Xperia ZR runs on 2 GB of RAM, with 8 GB of internal storage which can be expanded with a microSD card. Like the Xperia Z, this phone is dust and water resistant.
CyanogenMod team has been working hard on making custom ROMs for the Android devices and it has come up with the CM 11 ROM for the Xperia ZR. This ROM will run on the latest Android 4.4.4 update. Only a few devices got the official update of Android 4.4.4, but you can install it on the Xperia ZR with the CM 11 ROM. Follow the steps given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Note: This ROM might contain some bugs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia ZR:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Bootloader unlocked
- Xperia ZR must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 11 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 11 ROM on Xperia ZR:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 11 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 11 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.