HTC One S is the smaller version of the HTC One X. It features a 4.3″ qHD Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 960×540. Powered by a Snapdragon 400 quad core processor clocked at 1.5GHz, it has 1 GB of RAM and internal memory of 16 GB. When it was released, it ran on Android 4.0.3 ICS.
HTC One S is more than 2 years old so it wont get official KitKat. It is still possible to install Android 4.4.4 KitKat on this device via the CyanogenMod ROMs. CM 11 latest nightly is available for this device with all the features of KitKat. Follow the instructions given below to install it on your device.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Note: This ROM might contain some bugs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your HTC One S:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 11 ROM on HTC One S:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 11 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 11 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.