The LG Optimus 4X HD is the first smartphone to use an NVIDIA Tegra 3 CPU. This processor has 4 physical cores clocked at 1.5 GHz. In addition, there is a fifth core clocked at 500 MHz that runs to perform small tasks such as music playback. The LG Optimus 4X HD has a 4.7″ screen which displays a 720p resolution a Li-Ion battery with 2,150 mAh. It initially ran on ICS and it was later upgradable to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
Since Jelly Bean no official updates are available for Optimus 4X HD. However Android 4.4.4 is available unofficially via CM 11 custom ROM developed by the CyanogenMod team. It will remove all the bloat and give a more Nexus like user experience. Follow the instructions given below to install CM 11 ROM on LG Optimus 4X HD.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Note: This ROM might contain some bugs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your LG Optimus 4X HD:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- LG Optimus 4X HD must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 11 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 11 ROM on LG Optimus 4X HD:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 11 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 11 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.