Moto G was launched late last year. It is a budget friendly device with great specs. Moto G has a 4.5″ screen. It is powered by a 1.2GHz Snapdragon 400 quadcore processor, 1 GB of RAM and has 8/16 GB internal memory. Due to the budget friendly price and good specifications, Moto G quickly became Motorola’s best selling device.
Google’s stock Android OS is present in the Moto G which makes it easier for the developers to create custom ROMs for this device. CyanogenMod community is one of the best in the custom ROMs category and they are one of the fastest too in making custom ROMs available for many devices. CM 11 ROM running on Android 4.4.4 is available for the Moto G. Follow the instructions given below to install CM 11 on Moto G.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Note: This ROM might contain some bugs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Moto G:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Moto G bootloader must be unlocked
- Moto G must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 11 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 11 ROM on Moto G:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 11 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 11 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.