Samsung Galaxy Noye 8.0 is the smaller version of the Galaxy Note 10.0 but has somewhat similar specs. It is powered by 1.6GHz Samsung Exynos 4412 processor, has a screen resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels, 2 GB of RAM, 16 GB internal memmory and a 5 MP rear camera. It originally ran on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
CyanogenMod team have developed the CM 11 custom ROM for this device which will give this device a more Nexus-like feel and performance. Also this ROM runs on the latest Android 4.4.4 OS i.e KitKat. The ROM is still in the development stages but it can be used for day to day purposes. Follow the instructions given below to install CM 11 on Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Note: This ROM might contain some bugs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 11 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 11 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 11 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the device.
- Switch off the tablet and boot into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 11 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the device.