Samsung Galaxy Note features a 5.3″ WXGA Pentile HD Super AMOLED display that sets it apart from other phones and tablets. In addition to the 1.4 GHz dual-core Exynos 4210 processor, full gigabyte of RAM, and 16 or 32 gigs of storage, the Note also packs active digitizer support dubbed S Pen, which uses pressure-sensitive Wacom technology. It initially ran on Ginger Bread and later Jelly Bean updates were available for this device.
Samsung Galaxy Note being an old device wont get the official KitKat update. However using the CM 11 custom ROM you can get a taste of KitKat for the Samsung Galaxy Note. Besides the latest version, this ROM will also offer better performance. Follow the steps given below to install CM 11 on Samsung Galaxy Note.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Note: This ROM might contain some bugs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy Note:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 11 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 11 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 11 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.