Sony Xperia V features a powerful 1.5 GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor backed by 1 GB of RAM, 16 GB of storage, and a whopping 13 MP camera. The 4.55″ LCD is also noteworthy, featuring a high 720p resolution and the proprietary BRAVIA engine.
Sony Xperia V is upgradable till Android 4.3. Sadly Android KitKat is not officially available for this device. However custom ROMs enables the users of Xperia V to get the taste of KitKat on their devices. CM 11 custom ROM is available for this device. Follow the guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Note: This ROM might contain some bugs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your device:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 11 ROM on Xperia V:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 11 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 11 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.