Sony Xperia Z1 Compact is the smaller version of the Xperia Z1. It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Quad core processor. The Z1 Compact has 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage, which can be expanded with a microSD card. The Z1 Compact also sports a 20.7 MP rear facing camera and a 2 MP forward facing shooter.
CyanogenMod team have created a CM 11 custom ROM for the Z1 compact running on Android 4.4.4. This will give a pure Android experience to the users and also show an improvement in the performance. If you want to install it on your device, follow the guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Note: This ROM might contain some bugs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your device:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Xperia Z1 Compact must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 11 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 11 ROM on Xperia Z1 Compact:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 11 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 11 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.