Sony Xperia ZL has the same specs as the Xperia Z. It has a 5″ display with a 1080x1920p resolution. It is powered by a 1.5 GHz Quad core Snapdragon S4 processor, 2 GB of RAM, 16 GB of internal storage which can be expanded with a microSD card. It is not water and dust proof like the Xperia Z. Additionally, it uses IR technology to use the phone as a remote control for a television.
Android 4.4.4 KitKat is not officially available for the Xperia ZL but you can still install it, via the CM 11 custom ROM. CM 11 is developed by the CyanogenMod team and it gives great performance and stock Android experience. Follow the guide given below to install it on the Xperia ZL.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Note: This ROM might contain some bugs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia ZL:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 11 ROM on Xperia ZL:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 11 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 11 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.