The new HTC One features a 5-inch 1080p display, 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801 CPU/GPU, 2GB of RAM, enhanced “BoomSound” speakers, a 2600mAh battery, up to 32GB of internal storage and support for external microSD cards up 128GB. One of the most unique features of the HTC One (M8) is its new “Duo Camera.” This camera features two sensors: one Ultrapixel sensor and one depth of field sensor to allow user’s to select the image focus after the picture has been taken.
At present, it is one of the most powerful devices with great performance. HTC One M8 comes with the Sense 6 UI along with it. However if you are not happy with it, you can always switch to a custom ROM. A CM 11 nightly has just been released for the HTC One M8. Follow this tutorial to install it on your HTC One M8.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Note: This ROM might contain some bugs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your HTC One:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- HTC One M8 bootloader must be unlocked
- HTC One M8 must be rooted
- CWM or TWRP Recovery installed
- CM 11 ROM zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 11 ROM on HTC One:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 11 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 11 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.