HTC One XL is an LTE enabled Android smartphone which comes with a 4.7 inch Super LCD touchscreen display as well as a 1.5 GHz Nvidia Tegra 3 Quad-Core processor. It has 8 megapixel camera with Full HD (1080p) video recording, NFC, 1 GB RAM, 32 GB internal memory and 1800 mAh battery.
Originally, it came with Android 4.0. HTC will not update it to KitKat. But you can manually do it via the CM 11 custom ROM developed by the CyanogenMod team. This team is known to make the best custom ROMs for Android devices with minimum bugs and maximum performance. Follow the guide below to install CM 11 on HTC One XL.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Note: This ROM might contain some bugs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your HTC One XL:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 11 ROM on HTC One XL:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 11 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 11 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.