Moto X was released in August 2013 as Motorola’s flagship device. The Moto X is powered by a 1.7GHz Dual core processor, Adreno 320 GPU and 2GB RAM. The 4.7″ AMOLED display has a resolution of 720×1280 and 312ppi pixel density. Internal storage is available in 16GB or 32GB. The camera is a reasonable 10MP with a 1.4um pixel size.
Moto X received the Android 4.4.2 update very early compared to other phones. Many custom ROMs are available for this device and CM 11 is one of them. The CyanogenMod ROMs are known for their features and excellent performance. You can install CM 11 on the Moto X by following the instructions given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Note: This ROM might contain some bugs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Moto X:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Moto X bootloader must be unlocked
- Moto X must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 11 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 11 ROM on Moto X:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 11 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 11 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.