Motorola Droid Razr HD has a 4.7″ 720p display. It is powered by a 1.5 GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 and 1 GB of RAM. Additionally it has a 8 MP camera and a 2530 mAH battery. At the time of its release, it ran on Android 4.0 ICS.
Since the release of this device, Motorola has gone on a completely different path. The latest devices like Moto G, Moto X are the ones to receive the official updates. Razr HD wont receive the official update. But it being an Android device, there is an alternative to upgrade to KitKat – custom ROMs. CyanogenMod community have created a CM 11 custom ROM for Razr HD. Follow the guide below to install it on your device.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Note: This ROM might contain some bugs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Droid 4:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Droid Razr HD must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 11 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 11 ROM on Droid Razr HD:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 11 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 11 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.