Moto G was launched late last year. It is a budget friendly device with great specs. Moto G has a 4.5″ screen. It is powered by a 1.2GHz Snapdragon 400 quadcore processor, 1 GB of RAM and has 8/16 GB internal memory. It runs on the latest Android 4.4.2 OS.
Many custom ROMs are available for the Moto G and CM 11 is one of them. The CyanogenMod custom ROMs are the most popular ROMs in the Android community due to the performance it offers and its unique features. If you are bored with the stock ROM of Moto G, you can try out the CM 11 ROM. Follow the steps given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Note: This ROM might contain some bugs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Moto G:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Moto G bootloader must be unlocked
- Moto G must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 11 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 11 ROM on Moto G:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 11 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 11 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.