The Find 7 is the successor to the popular Oppo Find 5. The 5.5″ display has a resolution of 2560×1440 (QHD), packing 534ppi, the highest on any current device on the market. The Find 7 is powered by a 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage.
CyanogenMod team have developed the CM 11 custom ROM for the Find 7 which will give the stock Android KitKat experience to the users. As the bloat is minimum, it will also improve the performance of the phone. The ROM is still in development but it can be used for day to day purposes. Follow the guide below to install it on your device.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Note: This ROM might contain some bugs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Find 7:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 11 ROM on Find 7:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 11 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 11 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.