Huawei Ascend Mate 2 features a large 6.1″ IPS+ LCD 720p display, with 241 ppi pixel density. The Ascend Mate 2 is runs on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 1.6GHz quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM and 16GB internal storage. It also has a 13MP rear facing camera, and 5MP front facing camera, and is powered by a large 4050mAh battery.
CyanogenMod team have created CM 12.1 ROM for yet another device – Huawei Ascend Mate 2. This will update the device to Android 5.1.1 and will also remove all the unnecessary bloat from the device. Follow the guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Ascend Mate 2:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Ascend Mate 2 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 12.1 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 12.1 ROM on Ascend Mate 2:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12.1 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12.1 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.