Moto E is a low end Android device by Motorola. The Moto E was launched in May 2014. The device features a 4.3″ LCD display, with a resolution of 960×540. It’s powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 dual-core 1.2GHz processor and 1GB of RAM. It has 4GB internal storage, with a microSD slot capable of up to 32GB. The Moto E has a 5MP camera and runs on Android 4.4.2. All this is backed by a 1980mAh battery.
Moto E has now got the official build of CM 12.1 custom ROM. It is the one of the best custom ROMs which will improve the performance of the device. Another advantage is that it runs on latest Android 5.1.1. Follow the guide below to install it on Moto E.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Moto E:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 12.1 ROM on Moto E:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12.1 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12.1 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.