The 2014 Moto G is the successor to Motorola’s best selling phone of the same name. It features a 5″ 720p IPS LCD display, 1.2GHZ quad-core Cortex-A7, 1GB of RAM and either 8GB or 16GB or internal storage. It has an 8MP primary camera and 2MP secondary camera. The Moto G is powered by a non-removable 2070mAh battery.
Moto G 2014 runs on Android 5.1.1. But if you install CM 12.1 you will get a lot more than just the stock Android. The performance of the phone will be better and also you will get more features. Follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Moto G 2014:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Moto G 2014 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 12.1 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 12.1 ROM on Moto G 2014:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12.1 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12.1 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.