OnePlus 2 is the 2015 flagship Android device of Chinese upstart OnePlus. It is the successor to the popular OnePlus One, and is due for release in Q3 2015. It features a 5.5″ 1080p LTPS LCD display, 1.8GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor, 4GB of RAM and a 3300mAh battery. Internal storage comes in at either 16GB or 64GB. The rear camera has a 13MP sensor and is capable of 4K video recording at 30fps, while the front camera has a 5MP sensor and can record 1080p video.
OnePlus 2 runs on Oxygen OS which is a modified version of Android. If you are not a fan of Oxgen OS, you can install CM 12.1 ROM running on Android 5.1.1 on OnePlus 2. This is an unofficial version and official build can be expected in a few days. Meanwhile, you can install this build. Follow the detailed guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your OnePlus 2:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
Steps to install CM 12.1 ROM on OnePlus 2:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12.1 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the device.
- Switch off the device and boot into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12.1 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the device.