Oppo Find 7a is the successor to the Oppo Find 5. It has a 5.5in, 2K screen, Snapdragon 801 processor and 3GB of RAM. It also has a 13MP camera that shoots 4K video. At the time of its release it ran on Android 4.3.
Oppo Find 7a did not receive official Android 5.1.1 update but you can still update Find 7a to Android 5.1.1 using custom ROMs. CM 12.1 is available for Find 7a which will update Find 7a to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Find 7a:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 12.1 ROM on Oppo Find 7a:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12.1 zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12.1 zip file.
- Follow steps 5 and 6 for the Gapps file as well.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.