Oppo R7 Plus is a dual-SIM flagship Android phablet, released by the Chinese manufacturer in May 2015. It has a 6″ 1080p AMOLED display, it’s powered by a 1.5Ghz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor, has 3GB of RAM, and 32GB internal storage, which can be bumped up by a further 128GB using microSD. It has a 13MP camera with Schneider-Kreuznach optics, laser autofocus and 1080p video recording at 60FPS. The Oppo R7 Plus runs on an generous 4100mAh battery.
Oppo R7 Plus runs on Android 5.1. But it can be updated to Android 5.1.1 using CM 12.1 ROM. CM 12.1 is one of the best custom ROMs with very few bugs and great features. Follow this guide to install it on Oppo R7 Plus.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your R7 Plus:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 12.1 ROM on R7 Plus:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12.1 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12.1 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.