Galaxy Note 8.0 has an 8.0″ diplay. It shares a lot of internal hardware with the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. It features the Samsung Exynos 4412 processor with a 1280 x 800 screen resolution, although the Note 8.0 has a slightly higher clock speed and ppi. It has 5MP camera. At the time of its release, it ran on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Previously, we saw how to install CM 12 ROM on Galaxy Note 8.0. Since then, CyanogenMod team have created CM 12.1 ROM which will update the device to Android 5.1.1. If you want to install it on Note 8.0, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy Note 8.0:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
- Galaxy Note 8.0 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 12.1 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 12.1 ROM on Galaxy Note 8.0:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12.1 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the device.
- Switch off the device and boot the device into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12.1 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the device.