Sony Xperia Z Ultra has a 6.4″ full HD display. The device is powered by a quad core 2.2GHz Qualcomm processor, Adreno 330 GPU, 2GB RAM and LTE connectivity. It is IP58 certified, meaning it is dust and water proof, and water resistant to 1 meter or 30 minutes. It features an 8MP camera, 16GB of internal storage and it runs on a large 3050mAh battery.
CyanogenMod team have released the latest build of CM 12.1 ROM for the Google Play Edition of Sony Xperia Z Ultra. This ROM will update Z Ultra GPe to Android 5.1.1. If you want to install it on your device, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia Z Ultra:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Xperia Z Ultra must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 12.1 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 12.1 ROM on Z Ultra:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12.1 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12.1 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.