Xiaomi Mi 4 is top-range Android smartphone, developed by Chinese company, Xiaomi Tech, and released in August 2014. The Mi 4 features a Snapdragon 801 quad-core 2.5Ghz processor, 3GB of RAM and either 16GB or 64GB of internal storage. It has a 1080p IPS LCD 4.7″ display, and a 13MP rear camera, as well as a 5MP front facing camera.
Xiaomi devices have got the official CM 12.1 ROM running on Android 5.1.1 belatedly. Previously, we saw how to install CM 12.1 ROM on Xiaomi Mi 3. Same procedure can be used for Mi 4 also. Follow the detailed guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Mi 4:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 12.1 ROM on Mi 4:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12.1 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12.1 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.