Samsung Galaxy Note 2 was launched in 2012 after the success of Galaxy Note. It has a huge 5.5″ Super AMOLED screen with a resolution of 720×1280 pixels. It has a Quadcore 1.60GHz Exynos 4412 processor, 2GB of RAM. When it was released, it ran on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean OS.
Galaxy Note 2 is a very old device. Even CyanogenMod team have not created official CM 12.1 ROM for its international version. However it is available for Verizon Galaxy Note 2. This will update the device to Android 5.1.1. Follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Note 2:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 12.1 ROM on Note 2:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12.1 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12.1 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.