HTC One M8 features a 5-inch 1080p display, 2.3 or 2.5 GHz Snapdragon 801 CPU/GPU, 2GB of RAM, enhanced “BoomSound” speakers, a 2600mAh battery, up to 32GB of internal storage and support for external microSD cards up 128GB. One of the most unique features of the HTC One (M8) is its new “Duo Camera.” This camera features two sensors: one Ultrapixel sensor and one depth of field sensor to allow users to select the image focus after the picture has been taken.
HTC One M8 has received the Android Lollipop update but not the latest Android 5.1. It may take a while for One M8 to get this update as it will be behind One M9 in the pecking order. Till then you can use the CM 12.1 custom ROM. Follow this guide.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your One M8:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 12.1 ROM on One M8:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12.1 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12.1 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.