Moto E is a low end Android device by Motorola. The Moto E was launched in May 2014. The device features a 4.3″ LCD display, with a resolution of 960×540. It’s powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 dual-core 1.2GHz processor and 1GB of RAM. It has 4GB internal storage, with a microSD slot capable of up to 32GB. The Moto E has a 5MP camera and runs on Android 4.4.2. All this is backed by a 1980mAh battery.
Moto E received the Android 5.0 Lollipop update in some regions. Now another Lollipop iteration – Android 5.1 has been rolled out. There is no news whether Moto E will receive this update. Using the CM 12.1 custom ROM, you can install Android 5.1 on the Moto E. Follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Moto E:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 12.1 ROM on Moto E:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12.1 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12.1 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.