Moto X is a 2013 flagship Motorola device. The Moto X is powered by a 1.7GHz Dual core processor, Adreno 320 GPU and 2GB RAM. The 4.7″ AMOLED display has a resolution of 720×1280 and 312ppi pixel density. Internal storage is available in 16GB or 32GB. The camera is a reasonable 10MP with a 1.4um pixel size. Connectivity is via 3G, LTE or dual band Wi-Fi. All this runs on a 2200mAh battery.
The first generation of Moto X is scheduled to receive the Android 5.1 update in the next 45 days. However the CyanogenMod team have already released a CM 12.1 build running on Android 5.1. You can install it on the Moto X by following the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Moto X:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 12.1 ROM on Moto X:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12.1 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12.1 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.