Sony Xperia Z Ultra has a 6.4″ full HD display. The device is powered by a quad core 2.2GHz Qualcomm processor, Adreno 330 GPU, 2GB RAM and LTE connectivity. It is IP58 certified, meaning it is dust and water proof, and water resistant to 1 meter or 30 minutes. It features an 8MP camera, 16GB of internal storage and it runs on a large 3050mAh battery.
CyanogenMod team are working on providing the latest Android 5.1 update to many devices via the CM 12.1 custom ROM. The most recent device to get the CM 12.1 ROM is the Sony Xperia Z Ultra. Follow the guide below to install CM 12.1 on the Z Ultra.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia Z Ultra:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Xperia Z Ultra must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 12.1 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 12.1 ROM on Z Ultra:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12.1 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12.1 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.