Yu Yureka features a 5.5″ 720 x 1280 IPS LCD display with Gorilla Glass 3. It’s powered by a 64-bit 1.5GHz octa-core Snapdragon 615 processor, Adreno 405 GPU and 2GB of RAM. Internal storage comes in at 16GB, which is expandable to 32GB via microSD card. The rear camera sports a 13MP Sony Exmor CMOS sensor with an F/2.2 aperture, while the front facing camera features a 5MP sensor. All this is backed by a 2500mAh battery.
Yu Yureka, at the time of release, ran on Android KitKat. But it is now receiving the Lollipop update. This device runs on a modified version of CyanogenMod OS. But if you are not a big fan of it, the stock CM 12.1 ROM is available for this device running on Android 5.1. Follow the steps given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Yu Yureka:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 12.1 on Yu Yureka:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12.1 zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12.1 zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.