Samsung Galaxy S Plus is a slightly updated version of the Galaxy S. It comes with 1.4GHz Processor and 512MB RAM. It has a 4 Inch Super AMOLED Display, TouchWiz 3.0 UI, 5MP primary camera With 720P Video Recording, Android OS V2.3, 8GB Storage and a 1650 MAh Battery.
Galaxy S Plus is more than 3 years old, so Samsung has discontinued the official OTA updates for this phone. But Android Lollipop can still be installed on this device via the CM 12 custom ROM. This is a highly functional build with almost all working features except the power-off changing animations. Follow the guide to install CM 12 on the Galaxy S Plus.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy S Plus:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Galaxy S Plus must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 12 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 12 ROM on Galaxy S Plus:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.