Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has a 5.7″ 1440 x 2560 QHD Super AMOLED display, 2.7Ghz quad-core processor, 3GB of RAM and 32GB internal storage. The Galaxy Note 4 shooter comes in at 16MP with optical image stabilisation and 4K video recording. The exterior features a faux leather texture backing and metal casing. One unique feature of the Galaxy Note 4 is the ability for it to be connected to the Samsung Gear VR headset, a virtual reality device that features real time 360-degree head tracking and stereoscopic 3D imaging.
The CyanogenMod team are working very hard for making custom ROMs for various devices. Now another device has hit the jackpot – Note 4 N910F. The CM 12 ROM will update the device to the latest Android 5.0.2 version. Follow the guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Note 4:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 12 ROM on Note 4:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.