HTC Desire HD was launched in late 2010. It was the first phone to use the 1GHz Qualcomm MSM8255 Scorpion CPU, utilizing lower power technology for extended battery life and improved performance. The 4.3″ WVGA TFT LCD is driven by the Adreno 205 GPU. At the time of its release, it ran on Android 2.2 Froyo.
HTC Desire HD is an ancient device but the development of this phone is still going. CM 12 ROM has been developed for this device and the 1GHz processor makes it possible for the device to handle the Lollipop OS. You can try it on your device. Follow the steps given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your HTC Desire HD:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- HTC Desire HD must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 12 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 12 ROM on HTC Desire HD:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.