HTC HD2 is a very very old device launched in 2009. It has a 4.3″ WVGA TFT screen and half a gig of RAM. It is powered by a 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and Adreno 200 GPU. It has a 5 MP rear camera. At the time of its launch, it was one of the most impressive devices. It shipped with Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional, but has since seen ports of practically every major mobile OS including Android, MeeGo, and Windows Phone 7.
Good news for the HD2 users is that CM 12 port is now available for this device. It should not come as a surprise as this device has received a lot of ports. It is still in the alpha stages. If you want to try out Lollipop on the HD2, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your HD2:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 12 ROM on HD2:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.