HTC One S is the smaller version of the HTC One X. It features a 4.3″ qHD Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 960×540. Powered by a Snapdragon 400 quad core processor clocked at 1.5GHz, it has 1 GB of RAM and internal memory of 16 GB. When it was released, it ran on Android 4.0.3 ICS.
HTC One S is not one of the lucky devices to get the Android Lollipop update. HTC is rolling out the latest update only for a few devices. However Android Lollipop can be installed on the One S via the CM 12 custom ROM. This ROM will update the device to Android 5.0.2. Follow the guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Note: This ROM might contain some bugs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your HTC One S:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 12 ROM on HTC One S:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.