Samsung Galaxy S4 has a 5″ 1080p Super AMOLED display (PenTile 441 ppi), a pseudo octa-core Samsung Exynos 5410 or quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 (depending on region), 2 gigs of RAM, up to 64 gigs of storage, LTE connectivity, and a 2600 mAh battery. Furthermore, the device features additional features such as floating touch and a 13 MP shooter featuring a revamped camera interface.
Galaxy S4 LTE-A with model number GT-I9506 has got an Android Lollipop update in the form of the CM 12 custom ROM. With Samsung pushing Lollipop OTA for the S5, it will take some time for the S4 to get the official update. Till then you can use this CM 12 ROM. A detailed guide to install this ROM has been given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy S4 LTE-A:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Galaxy S4 LTE-A must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- CM 12 zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 12 ROM on Galaxy S4 LTE-A:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.