Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini has a 4.5″ Super AMOLED 720 display, quad-core 1.4GHz processor and 1.5GB of RAM. The camera is around half that of the Galaxy S5, coming in at 8MP. Internal storage is available in 16GB or 32GB and can be increased with a microSD card. The S5 Mini, like the S5, is dust and water resistant, has a fingerprint scanner and also has a heart rate monitor.
Galaxy S5 Mini is yet to receive the official Android Lollipop update. However a CM 12 build is available for the Galaxy S5 Mini which can update this device to Android 5.0.2. This build is only for the S5 Mini with model number SM-G800H. Follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your S5 Mini:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 12 ROM on S5 Mini:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.