Sony Xperia L was released in May 2013. Sony Xperia L is a mid-range smartphone running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. The Xperia L has a Snapdragon dual-core CPU clocked at 1.0 GHz, as well as 1 GB of RAM. It has a 4.3″ LCD screen with a resolution of 480×854. It has a concave battery cover made with plastic and a thin rubber cover. The Sony Xperia L uses a backside-illuminated camera sensor in an effort to improve picture taking quality during low light environments.
There is a good news for the Sony Xperia L users. You can now update your Xperia L to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop via the CM 12 custom ROM. A CM 12 nightly is available for the Xperia L with the latest nightly being highly functional and containing lesser bugs. Follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia L:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 12 ROM on Xperia L:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 12 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 12 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.